HOW TO JOIN SUMMIT TO SOUND
- Attend a general membership meeting and obtain a new member packet or
click here for a PDF
version of the application.
- The packet will include a DEM application and a background check form.
- Follow directions to complete all forms.
- Attend next membership meeting with your completed application.
- Turn in your application and schedule an oral board with an officer.
- You will meet with the board, which will give you an opportunity to ask questions
and some board members will ask questions of you.
- If approved by the Sheriff's office and accepted by the board, you
will become a probationary
- Attend meetings and trainings to work through your initial training
while the Whatcom County Sheriff's Department (WCSO) completes a
- Study the new-member packet contents so you become familiar with
them. Ask any board member for clarification if anything is unclear.
- After a probationary period of up to six months, you will most likely
become a full member of Summit to Sound Search and Rescue. During the probationary period you will have the chance to
meet many new people, and decide where you feel you fit the best. You can
then begin to enjoy working with dedicated, well-trained volunteers.
- Most questions should be answered by the unit policies and by-laws. If
you have additional questions, any member should be able to help you. If
you ask several people, you are likely to get several answers. A board member should be able to give you a definitive answer.
- Finally, thank you. Every member of Summit to Sound is a volunteer
committed to excellence. Your commitment and contribution make our unit
that much stronger; we look forward to working with you.